#StoLatPolska – Wish Poland a Happy Birthday
It’s been a hundred years – sto lat – since Poland regained its independence, after 123 years of occupation. Take a picture, get a selfie or write a wish to create an e-postcard to Poland, celebrating its centennial. Share your post on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using the #StoLatPolska hashtag. Be creative. Your postcard can win you a ticket to Poland!
The aim of the #StoLatPolska initiative is to showcase Poland’s anniversary, and to familiarize folks from abroad with its rich history, places worth visiting, culture, traditions, customs and notable accomplishments by Poles. The possibilities are endless; anyone can capture their favorite Polish thing. You can participate in the initiative from anywhere in the world. All it takes is a pleasant association with Poland that can be presented on social media platforms.
Create a postcard using our application, upload it to the gallery, and share on your social media if you wish to encourage people to vote for your postcard. Share your post on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook (make sure to set your post to “public” in the settings) using the #StoLatPolska hashtag and join others in celebrating Poland’s centennial.
Rules of the #StoLatPolska initiative
- General conditions for participation in the Sto Lat, Polska! A Postcard To Poland initiative
- The Organizer of the initiative is the Polish Cultural Institute New York.
- The initiative may be participated in by a person who:
- is of full legal age, has full civil rights and has accepted these Rules,
- is not of age, but voluntarily wishes to take part in the Competition and the Rules have been accepted by their parent or legal guardian.
- Participants in the initiative can choose between two types of participation: without registration – allowing only to post an e-postcard, and with registration – allowing to vote for an e-postcard and giving the right to apply for a prize in the Competition.
- Postcards must have the #StoLatPolska hashtag
- Posts must not contain foul language or content that someone could consider offensive
- Posts should not contain political content – the initiative is neutral.
- The most creative postcards, those which capture the attention of the initiative’s Organizer, will be shared on the @Polish Cultural Institute New York website, Facebook and Instagram and may be published, in printed or digital version, in order to celebrate the anniversary and promote the initiative.
- The Organizer cannot be held liable for the content posted by participants. If a photograph is submitted to the Competition that infringes rights of publicity, image rights or other personal or property rights, the person submitting the photograph to the Competition agrees to release the Competition Organizer from any liability on this account.
- The Organizer reserves the right to remove postcards which, in its opinion, violate the rules listed in items I.3 and I.4 or which, for the same reason, have been reported by other participants as offensive.
- Conditions for participating in the Competition and awarding prizes
- The Competition shall last until the end of November, 2018.
- The Competition may be entered by a person who meets the conditions set forth in item I.1, resides permanently in the United States, has the right to stay legally in the United States or Canada, and has completed the registration form.
- All registered users shall be deemed to take part in the Competition, both those who created an e-postcard and those who registered only to cast a vote. The only persons excluded from applying for the prize are employees of Polish diplomatic missions in the United States and Canada and their immediate families.
- The Competition prizes are three airline tickets in economy class on the U.S.–Poland or Canada–Poland routes.
- The first ticket will be awarded for the E-postcard that gets the most votes from participants and visitors of the gallery.
- The second ticket will go to the person selected by a jury composed of representatives of Polish diplomatic missions in the United States.
- The person to receive the third ticket will be selected by a draw from among all participants, both creators of postcards and voters.
- The decision to award the prizes will be announced on December 6, 2018.
- The Organizer will immediately contact the winners at the e-mail address provided in the registration form.
- Winners will have the right to choose the dates of departure and return as well as to indicate a U.S. airport of departure with the proviso that the tickets may only be used in late 2018 or in 2019.
- The Organizer reserves the right to choose an airline and flight option.
- The tickets must be purchased by December 15. The tickets will be purchased by the Polish Cultural Institute New York based on agreements signed with the winners.
- Tickets received as prizes cannot be returned or changed. They may not be converted into cash or another equivalent. They may not be transferred to another person.
- The winner of the Competition shall be obliged to pay any possibly applicable tax
- Copyrights and image rights
- By posting your contribution with the #StoLatPolskahashtag, you agree that your post may be shared via @Polish Cultural Institute New York accounts on Facebook and Instagram and its website as well as used by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland for other promotional purposes, including publications and printed indoor or outdoor exhibitions. Accepting the Rules and publishing an e-postcard are tantamount to granting the Organizer, free of charge, a license of unlimited duration and territoriality to exercise proprietary copyrights to photographs and to use them in all fields of exploitation.
- Publishing an e-postcard and accepting the Rules are tantamount to stating that the person submitting a specific photograph holds proprietary copyrights thereto at least to the extent allowing to grant the license to use same in the manner specified above, and that the published postcard does not infringe any rights of publicity or any other personal or property rights of third parties. If other previously published works are used in the photograph, the person submitting the photograph assures that they are used within the permitted scope in accordance with the provisions on copyright or that they are used with the consent of the author of the work should the scope of use exceed the permitted use.
- The person publishing the e-postcard represents that they have the consent to use the image of all persons appearing in the photograph. The consent shall include the use of the image in particular in press publications, brochures and other information or promotion materials, television publications, as well as posting of the image on the Internet in the context of the above-mentioned activities.
- The Organizer of the Sto Lat, Polska! A Postcard To Poland initiative shall not be held liable for any claims concerning infringement, by the published e-postcard, of any rights of publicity, image rights or other personal or property rights of any person. If an e-postcard is published that infringes rights of publicity, image rights or other personal or property rights, the person submitting the photograph in question to the Competition agrees to release the Competition Organizer from any liability on this account.
- Photographs violating rights of publicity, image rights, or other personal or property rights of any person will be excluded from the Competition.
- Communication and additional information
- All information concerning the Competition will be posted by the Organizer on the application’s website.
- More details about the initiative can be found at http://polishculture-nyc.org and on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PolishCultureNYC/ as well as by following posts with the #StoLatPolskahashtag.
- Questions regarding the Competition and the Rules may be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final provisions
- The Rules may be changed at any time by the Competition Organizer.
- Information on changes in the Rules will be announced in the same manner as these Rules.
- Any disputes which may arise in connection with performance hereof shall be resolved by the Parties amicably in the City of New York, NY, in accordance with the rules established by the American Arbitration Association. If this is not possible, they shall be adjudicated by the common court competent for the seat of the Organizer.
- The Rules shall enter into force on the commencement date of the Competition, i.e., on May 11, 2018.
- The person submitting a photograph to the Competition agrees to make their own email address available and to receive emails regarding the Competition.
- The Participant in the Competition allows their personal information to be collected, stored and processed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland and by the Polish Cultural Institute New York as well as other Polish diplomatic missions in the United States.